Sunday, July 10, 2011

Chillin' Sweet Cherries and Bananas

Had to make something refreshing to cool us all down on this beautiful, hot summer day. Organic sweet cherries are in season so I bought some at the local store. I sliced 1/2 cup of the sweet cherries along with one banana into little slices/pieces and placed them in the freezer overnight. The next day, I just placed all the frozen fruit in my blender/food processor.

When I made berry smoothies for my daughters, I always thought to myself if I could just omit the liquid and blend the frozen berries together. Well I did just that and the results resemble a fruit sorbet minus any adder sugar or sweeteners. I pulsed the frozen fruits in a food processor a little at a time until they started sticking together. Then I blended the fruits until smooth. I served my daughters this with fruits and toasted almonds.


No comments:

Post a Comment